Thursday, August 3, 2023

A FUTURE BOOK PROJECT

I PLAN to make this into a book by God's grace. Around 1,950 plus stories in one year.

I love History and I love to share it too. Not only through stamps but through my different exhibits, writeups and articles. Making the installments of Today in Philippine History (Philatelic Edition), a first-of-its kind way of sharing history every day is one of my passions.

Today in Philippine History (Philatelic Edition Series 1, 2 and 3) involves research, design, lay-out, writing and choosing the right stamps and photos all by myself. Lots of research from different historical sources have to be done to make sure that the information is accurate. I have learned that the internet information from different sources do have discrepancies in dates and information. The next process is finding the right photos and the corresponding stamps in each article. It takes an hour for me to finish one installment while others may take as long as 2 hours and 3 at the most... but I don't mind. The three series is a ten year endeavor which began in 2014 and will end in 2024.

On July 16, 2023, I started the 3rd and final series of Today in Philippine History (Philatelic Edition). This contains around 370 articles and will commence on July 15, 2024.

Series 1 with 370 stories was published on February 28, 2014 and was completed on December 28, 2014. Series 2 has 370 stories too that began on March 2, 2018 and finished on March 1, 2019.

Through all these years, I thank God for making me an instrument to promote history through presentations or exhibits in malls, schools, museums, a fort, and historical places as well as write about it in a weekly column in the Freeman newspaper (1996-2001) and the daily articles in Today in Philippine History (Philatelic Edition) Series 1, 2 and 3 totalling more than 1,950 stories. All these for my love of country and for Philippine philately. 🇵🇭🇵🇭🇵🇭 (08.03.23)



No comments:

Post a Comment