Sunday, September 27, 2009

Typhoon Ondoy

Yesterday's rains brought by tropical storm Ondoy have caused massive destruction to lives and properties in Metro Manila and nearby provinces..

As I watched images after images being shown on tv, I was so shocked to see flood water rise up to levels never seen before. Water in some areas reached as high as the rooftops of one story buildings. Traffic got clogged up too. One scene that really touched me was that of a group of people being swept by the flood while people on a bridge did everything they can to save those below but to no avail.

I feel sad for the people who lost their loved ones in this latest calamity that hit the country. To them I offer my prayers. This calamity is the Philippine version of Katrina in the U.S. some years ago.

My personal thanks to all of those who have shared to help the affected families. God bless the Philippines!

Photo courtesy of Yahoo News. Click here for a full article on Ondoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment