Monday, September 14, 2009

Buying An Expensive Stamp Book For Less

After meeting a Cebu Stamp Club member whom I promised to sell a duplicate of my Manny Pacquiao souvenir sheet yesterday at SM City Cebu Mall, I decided to drop by in one of the mall's book stores.

I was planning to look around for Star Wars comic books, books for children and interior design. Me and my wife share the same passion for interiors. She's a Fine Arts graduate major in Interior Design at the University of San Carlos some years back.

One by one, I scrutinized the titles of the books until I happen to come across a book that was partly hidden in one of the shelves. It was a 2005 Brookman Price Guide Issue that featured U.S. Stamps plus Canada and Trust Territories, First Day Covers and annual collectibles, and autographs.

I browsed what's inside and found it to be very informative. It was brand new and had 354 pages. The U.S. bar code reveals its price at $21.99. When I searched the local price, I was amused to find that it only cost P25.00!

Of course, I bought the book right away. I don't wanna lose the opportunity of a very wise purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment