Sunday, September 6, 2009

ABS-CBN Cebu's "MagTV Na" Comes To Visit

Yesterday was quite a hectic day. The night before, I got a confirmation from Venice Polancos and Lindo Mark Mayol of ABS-CBN Cebu that they will be dropping by to do a segment featuring my stamps and Star Wars collections in the top rating Cebu television show called "MagTV Na."

It was in August 2005 when I got invited by ABS-CBN Cebu to guest in Jude Bacalso's "Jude Morning" at Ayala Center Cebu to talk about our exhibit highlighting the stamps of Pope John Paul II. The TV network was one of the sponsors of the event.

At around 1:30pm the network's people arrived in our compound. There were nine of them! I was introduced to everyone, from the director to Blinky, the segment host. I couldn't accommodate the crew to my house as renovation work is ongoing so we had to use the house of Debbie Uy and Mark Uybengkee of Himlayang Pilipino Plans, Inc. who incidentally is my younger sister and brother-in-law. Their daughter Duchess Blythe Uybengkee is one of ABS-CBN's talents.

The crew took time to arrange everything - from my stamp albums, exhibit frames, star wars books, posters, action figures and bottle caps.

Once everything was done it was lights, camera, action! Blinky de Leon did an excellent job as host. She makes one feel comfortable in front of the cam although I am used to being on it occassionally.

The one person I admired most was the director, Reggie Molina. He's so down-to-earth and easy to get along with. He even helped in the setting up just to speed things up. Mark and Venice did great in the preparation and coordination. To sum it all, everyone was superb and very professional.

By 4:30pm, the interview was over. After a hearty snack of hamburgers and Coke, we said our goodbyes and thank yous. Mark handed me a bag with a "MagTV Na" mug inside. Another mug to add in my collection!

The "MagTV Na" experience was such a nice one that I will never forget! My special thanks to ABS-CBN Cebu, Lindo Mark Mayol (Segment Producer), Blinky de Leon (Host), Reggie Molina (Director), Vince Moree Polancos (Researcher), Daki Bolutano (Cameraman), Tata Poligrates (Cameraman), Randy Berrame (Lightman), Ronald Albaraccin (Audioman), and Nick Nadela (Production Driver).

"MagTV Na" will be featuring my stamps and Star Wars collections this month. If you're in Cebu, please take time to watch it on September 13, 2009 at ABS-CBN TV 3!

The photos featured above came from a video taken by Edwin Uy from a side angle. The network cams were in front of Blinky and I. Mark Mayol is also shown in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment