Friday, March 29, 2013

Thank God for Good Friday!


It's Good Friday here in the Philippines and the temperature is really blazing literally speaking. The last time I checked, Cebu is  32° while Manila is 33°.

As all malls are closed in observance of Good Friday, I usually spend this season here at home with my son Jerald Kervin and just watch Walt Disney and Christian movies. It's one of our favorite time of the year to bond in prayer then to relax and enjoy each others company.  

Since yesterday, we refrained from eating meat and had fish and veggies instead. Today, I had to make up for him and decided to cook pasta with tuna and mushroom. As a Christian country, we observe the traditional Lenten practice of fasting and abstinence.

This day is also the time for us to reflect on the goodness of God. How Christ died for our sins so we will have salvation. What more can I ask from a very loving Saviour. Thank God for Good Friday! 

I included above a se-tenant strip of 5 from an African country featuring the Passion of Christ. How I wish that the Philippine Postal Corporation (Philpost) will issue stamps with a similar theme. If non Christian countries can come out with these stamps why can't the Philippines? I would be one of the happiest Philippine stamp collectors when that day comes.     

No comments:

Post a Comment