Sunday, April 7, 2013

The 17th Anniversary Logo


Time flies so quickly for us at Cebu Stamp Club. I can vividly remember the day when I conceptualized the club in 1996 until it was organized on August 24, 1996. Creating a new club was no joke. I even shed a tear during the first supposed meeting held at the Cebu Central Post Office when only one person came. This made me promise myself that I will exert more effort to have more members for the club and be able to promote the hobby to everyone. It was in January 1997 when we were registered with the S.E.C.

It's now 17 years and looking back at the club's humble beginnings, I can safely say that we have come a long way. I owe the success of Cebu Stamp Club to the members, patrons of philately, the academe, the Cebu media, the different government organizations, civic groups, commercial establishments and our sponsors.

Special mention to Philpost, Ayala Center Cebu, SM City Cebu, Himlayang Pilipino Life, Cebu City Museum, Fort San Pedro, The Cebu City Cultural and Historical Affairs Commission, The Freeman, Sun Star Cebu, Mr. Charles Mark Uybengkee, Governor JJ Romualdo of Camiguin and Emie Patalagsa.

Monthly stamp meetups, mega exhibits, auctions, new websites, increase number of the membership, online philatelic promotions, December anniversary reunions and creation of school stamp clubs continue to be our programs for the year and in years to come.

The 17th anniversary logo was designed and conceptualized by yours truly to hype up the club's activities this year.        

No comments:

Post a Comment