Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Good bye 2011 and hello 2012! I open my first blog for the year with a prayer to the Almighty for all the wonderful blessings that have come my way and to my family.

Thanks also to everyone who take time to read my articles and send in positive comments. You guys rock!

One more reason that makes every new year significant to me is that this is the day my dad and my brother Bob were born.

This 2012, Chinese astrology calls this the Year of the Dragon. The dragon year is always considered special and significant by the Chinese owing to the fact that this is the only animal in the zodiac year that is fictitious. The Chinese dragon is a combination of a tiger, snake, eagle and a fish. It is a symbol of power, rule and superiority.

Featured in today's blog is a souvenir sheet of the 2012 Year of the Dragon, Chinese New Year stamp issue released by the Philippine Postal Corporation on December 5, 2011 to usher in the new year. Also included in the issue are stamps valued at Php 7.00 and Php 30.00.




No comments:

Post a Comment