Saturday, January 21, 2012

Creating Personalized Philippine Stamp Album Pages

Specializing in Philippine stamps is no joke. Aside from acquiring the complete stamps every year, there is really a need to mount them on albums nicely and beautifully. I have come across one or two Philippine stamp albums before but I was not satisfied with the presentations on the pages. It was then that I decided to come up with my own personalized stamp album pages for every year and in every era (e.g. spanish, american, commonwealth and republic period).

Conceptualizing and making the designs of the pages myself was no joke. It consumed a lot of my spare time not to mention the stamps that I placed on them cost a lot. All of the Philippine stamps I collect are mint except the Spanish and the American periods where most are used ones.

For the pages, I decided that the headings carry the year and photos of the inauguration and oath-taking of an incumbent Philippine president during that particular year. So for my 2010 and 2011 stamp albums and until the term of President Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino ends, he will be the main design of my pages.

The next task was to individually measure the different stamp issues of a particular year on the pages and then added the write-ups such as the name of the stamp, date of issue, name of printer etc.

With everything done, my stamp pages are now ready for printing. There are more than forty issues of Philippine Republic stamps for every year so the pages I make usually would reach more than forty pages too.

After printing the pages, I painstakingly mounted the stamps in their respective places then put them on a clear book. The end result? I got very positive feedback for my albums. Thanks guys for the compliments! You know who you are...

The photos above are the first two pages of my 2011, 2010 and Japanese occupation stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment