JUNE 1, 1898
Gen. Gregorio H. del Pilar arrived in Bulacan bringing along rifles recently purchased in Hong Kong and immediately distributed the arms to his troops. As the designated leader of the Philippine Revolutionary Army in the provinces of Bulacan and Nueva Ecija by Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo, he established his headquarters at Matungao and led his troops in attacking Spanish forces. After the Spanish troops surrendered to him, he and his men proceeded to Caloocan and Manila to reinforce other Filipino troops engaged in battle against the Spaniards.
Photo credit: http://philippineamericanwar.webs.com/