Monday, February 17, 2014

The Showbiz Bug Bit Me!


I never thought I will be pulled back to where I grew up - showbiz! It's as if the showbiz bug came back years later and bit me.
My grandfather Charles Uy (Uy Kieng San) started his moviehouse empire long before I was born. Together with my grandmother Carmen and the children, he owned or manage movie houses in the Visayas and Mindanao from the 1960's to the 1980's but sad to say, the family business folded up when Betamax and VHS became the fad. 
In the 80's, people preferred to watch movies in the luxury of their homes. The last movie house we operated was Constellation Theater infront of Cebu Eastern College in Leon Kilat Street. 
Then suddenly after several decades, here I am in my 40s doing things I never thought I would be doing. God surely has a purpose and I owe all my blessings to the Heavenly Father, the Santo Nino as well as to Mama Mary, San Pedro Calungsod and St. Pope John Paul II.. To God be the glory!
The photo above highlights the different projects I did in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment