Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Nature, Culture and History Through Stamps" Exhibit in Dumaguete City

The newly formed Dumaguete Stamp Collectors Club came out with a very beautiful stamp exhibit at the Robert Silliman and Metta Silliman Library Main Entrance Hall, Silliman University in Dumaguete City yesterday.

The club is composed of Dumaguete-based Cebu Stamp Club members Gary Rosales, Aidalyn Arabe, Allan Bennett Uy Matiao, Richard Rausher and Penn Larena who all took the initiative of coming out with a stamp club of their own.

I had to leave for Dumaguete City early Saturday morning to attend the 4:00 PM opening of the exhibit. The club invited me to be their guest speaker.

During the event, I got to meet again Arlene Uypitching, an avid stamp collector who is also a Silliman University Cultural Affairs committee member. I was also introduced to Lito Diago and Milfred Ong, who are members of the DSCC.

The last time I was in Silliman University was in August 28, 2008 when Cebu Stamp Club, Incorporated opened the Selyo at Kasaysayan stamp exhibit which featured Philippine heroes.

Gary, the club's president along with his members billeted me at a very cozy hotel and took me to a group dinner at Casablanca, a new restaurant in the city. There we get to talk about stamps and shared to them lots of tips.

To the members of the Dumaguete Stamp Collectors Club, I salute you all for a very successful philatelic event!

The first photo features Penn Larena, Gary Rosales and yours truly. Second shows the officers of the Dumaguete Stamp Collectors Club with me after dinner at Casablanca.

No comments:

Post a Comment