Saturday, July 3, 2010

Finally Got My Noynoy Aquino Commemorative Covers

During the inauguration day of President Benigno Simeon "Noynoy" Aquino III last June 30, 2010, I was glad to learn that the Philippine Postal Corporation (Philpost) came out with a limited edition commemorative cover issued on the same day. (Read my previous blog on June 30, 2010 that tells more about this cover.)

A friend in Manila informed me that only 2000 pieces were printed. He further added that postal tellers went to the inauguration site and sold 1500 pieces of the cover so that only 500 covers are left for collectors and dealers.

Lucky me, I was among those who got 2 covers with serial numbers 0690 and 0691 respectively.

Philpost sold the covers randomly unmindful of the number sequence. The stamps used on the covers were the last remaining se-tenant pair of the Cory Aquino Memorial Issue released on September 18, 2009. These were cut and placed on individual covers. That makes two covers to collect to complete the set.

As of this writing, I am eagerly waiting for the stamps that will be issued featuring Noynoy's inauguration. Philpost said that it will come out this month as It is always the tradition of the postal service that they come out with these stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment