Monday, May 10, 2010

Vote Casted

Today is a historic day for us Filipinos. This is the first time that our elections will be fully automated.

The country will be voting for the next president, vice president, senators, congressmen, partylist, governor, vice governor, provincial board members, mayor, vice mayor and councilors.

As usual, together with my wife and siblings, we went early to the polling precint at the Subangdaku Elementary School. Long time ago, my great grandfather, Isidro Velasquez donated one half of the lot where the school now stands that's why our houses are just adjacent to the school.

We left at 7:00 AM and arrived at our precint 5 minutes later but had to wait for almost 45 minutes. After casting my vote, there was a feeling of apprehension whether the Print Count Optical Scan (PICOS) machine would accept my vote. After waiting for a few seconds, I was glad that the machine confirmed my vote was successful.

It is my belief that my vote will bring Senator Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino to the presidency. We need a new leader who will eradicate corruption and bring prosperity and unity to the Philippines.

The stamp above features the 50th anniversary of Woman Suffrage in the Philippines released on December 7, 1983.

No comments:

Post a Comment