Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Cebu Stamp Club @ 27

Founding and running an active club composed of Filipinos and foreigners for twenty seven years is a great blessing. I could never have done it on my own. 

I can still recall the first meeting I had in 1996 at the Cebu Central Post Office and no one came. 

It was at that moment that I said to myself that it will never happen again.

I humbly requested a venue at the University of Cebu so we can hold our bi-monthly meetings and with God's grace, the administration approved it. 

Through hard work, passion, commitment and the cooperation of our members, Cebu Stamp Club is what it is today! 

We are known locally and in other countries and we excel in doing mega philatelic exhibits and presentations in various themes. 

The longest one we had opened in 2013 until 2015, with a thousand daily viewers both local and foreign tourists. 

This was a one-man exhibit for the club from my collections titled Selyo ug Kasaysayan sa Fort (Stamps and History at the Fort) @ Cuerpo de Guardia, Fort San Pedro, Cebu City with the cooperation of the Cebu City government, the Philippine Postal Corporation, private companies and individuals. 

Soon to be launched is another philatelic/historical presentation and we thank everyone for the support extended to the club through the years. To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment